Tears of a bleeding Heart Episode 4:: The tale of the twist and turns in the life of our heroine, Mansa… “I’m afraid, we just lost him” the Doc declared. “What!!!!!!!!! Mansa shouted “Doc, please tell me it’s a lie. How? She continued as Derek held her by the shoulder to console her. “We tried all we could. I’m really sorry for your loss” the Doc confirmed and left Derek with her at the OPD. Mansa cried her heart out… She couldn’t help herself… She was inconsolable. There was nothing Derek could do to comfort her. He waited patiently till she was ready to go and drove her home. Chris and his mother were already home. Despite the mischief they had been up to earlier, they were reading and sharing from the bible together. Derek and Mansa met them in the living room. Mansa who was still crying ran into her room leaving Derek behind and locked herself up. That got the attention of Chris and his mother. “What is wrong with that girl, has she lost her manners or what? How could she walk pass me without greeting”, Mrs. Bernard complained. “Mum, please don’t blame her. She is in pain, she just lost her friend Elvis, the one we saw at church the other day” Derek intervened. “Oh so sorry for her, but it still does not justify her actions. I am the one taking care of her. Even the bible says ”let the dead burry their dead’ ” Mrs Bernard responded. Powered by kunlemajor.blogspot.com.ng“What?! Mum, did you just say that? Come on, the girl is really hurt!” Derek said and walked away, leaving his mother with Chris who refused to utter a word. Mansa stayed in her room all day weeping. Derek brought her food to her but she refused to eat. Somehow, she blamed herself for Elvis’ death. She figured that if Elvis hadn’t driven her home, he’d still be alive. It was out of his kind gesture that this tragedy had happened. Maybe her foster mother was right, she thought. She should have stayed away from Elvis. At least, he’d still be alive. Mansa blamed herself. She knelt down beside her bed at that moment, looked up to her roof and began praying with tears in her eyes. “God, why am I going through this. Forgive my sins, I beg of you. I pray that you grant Elvis rest with you. Forgive me father for I know I’m the cause of this, forgive me.” She prayed. Time ran fast and soon it was 6:30PM. Mansa had forgotten she had a prayer meeting that evening. As head of the prayer group, her presence was required in church. It had completely skipped Mansa due to the current situation she was in. Rita called her to ask if she was going to make it. On phone: Rita: “Hello Mansa, where are you? We are here waiting for you.” Mansa: “I’m sorry Rita, I can’t make it. Please let someone stand in for me” Rita: “Why? What’s wrong? This is very unusual of you. Mansa: “We’ll talk about it later. Just kindly do me that favor, ok. Let someone take over”. Rita: “You really surprise me but fair enough, will do just that. You take care now, I’ll call you later.” Rita hung up and immediately called Mrs Bernard to tell her about the conversation with Mansa. Mrs. Bernard got upset. She stormed into Mansa’s room. “Young lady, what are you still doing here when you are supposed to be at church? She aggressively asked. “Mum, I’m sorry but I can’t make it today” Mansa answered. “Look, you better dress up and get ready for church before I pounce on you. Have you lost it? What do you think I have been bringing you up for?” she said. Mansa quickly got up and began dressing. Mrs Bernard was leaving Mansa’s room when she remembered that she had left her purse in her room. She asked Mansa to fetch it for her while she left and waited in the living room. Mansa brought the purse to her and returned to her room to finish dressing up. Mrs. Bernard opened her purse and her facial expression changed. It appeared that she had lost her money. She immediately called Mansa back to ask her. “Hey! Where is the N5,000 I kept in the purse?” she asked. Mansa was clueless “Mum, I …” she started saying, but before she could finish speaking, Mrs. Bernard landed a heavy slap on her face. “Where is the money?” she asked again, looking furious.To be continued…

Comments

Popular Posts