Story

Tears of a bleeding heart Episode 13
The tale of the twist and turns in the life of our heroine, Mansa… “I suppose you are looking for the father of the pregnancy? Well, you are looking at him” Obed said. You could tell by the surprise on Mrs. Bernard’s face, she didn’t believe her ears. Obed and Mansa were up to something… and whatever it was, Mrs. Bernard was definitely not happy about it. “Mansa, since when have you known this man? I am aware he is only a new member of church” Mrs Bernard asked. Mansa was about answering her when Obed interrupted. “Mrs Bernard, I think I need to have a chat with you .” Obed said. “Oh yes, I agree. We should do that now. Mansa, excuse us” Mrs Bernard said. Mansa left them and went into her room. She got there and found a note on her bed. It was from Derek. She opened it and settled down to read. Back in the living room, Mrs Bernard and Obed had begun their serious conversation. “Mrs Bernard, I know you may find this surprising but I have actually known Mansa for long… well before I joined the church. She is very dear to me and I take responsibility for the pregnancy. ” Obed said. In Mrs Bernard’s view, Obed was a very wealthy young man. She did some fast calculations and decided that Obed could be another source of income… If she was able to lure him into marrying Mansa.After all, she was pregnant and per their church’s doctrines, one needs to marry before conceiving a child. Since in Mansa’s case, she had gone against the doctrine, the only thing to absorb her was to get Obed to marry Mansa. Her attitude quickly changed. She decided to be nice and welcoming. “Good. Mansa is a very good girl. She will make a good wife” Mrs Bernard said. Obed’s face changed… This wasn’t part of their plan. She was actually talking marriage here. Obed was, however, too smart for Mrs Bernard schemes. “Ma’am, I think marriage is a bit sudden. I believe taking responsibility for the child and Mansa herself is enough to help get her life back on track. As for marriage, we’ll have to take that into consideration. Neither of us is ready for that step just yet” Obed said. Mrs Bernard was not happy with the response Obed gave. She didn’t want him to just take responsibility for the child, she wanted him to marry her as well. That way, she could finally be rid of Mansa and also make some money in the process… At least, enough to make up for the large sums she had been spending. “Look, I hope you know the implications of what you are doing? You know Mansa very well and her role in church. If she does not get married, per our church’s doctrines, she will have to relinquish her position and responsibilities. She will be made to sit at the back and personally, I won’t stay under the same roof with such a person. I don’t think you want something like that to happen to her.” Mrs Bernard said. That was a bit hard for Obed to take. It was true what she said about the church’s doctrines… He knew about that and had always wondered why such things were in place. Mansa on the other hand was wondering what the note Derek had left behindmeant. It read: “I’m really sorry Mansa, But i have to go. In good time, you will understand” She stood there wondering where Derek had gone to. She didn’t realize Chris had come into her room… He had entered without knocking. Mansa got upset seeing him, after all he had done that morning. Trying to get her into sleeping with him and then lying to his mother that she was the one forcing herself on him. “What are you doing here Chris? Get out of my room before I scream!” Mansa said. Surprisingly, Chris pleaded “Please listen to me. Forgive me Mansa. I need you to hear me out on this, please” But that wasn’t enough for Mansa, she was very angry. “I should have known all this while, you cunning snake. You became so nice to me just so you could satisfy your lustful desire. May God forgive you! I can’t believe I was that stupid. ” Mansa said, raising her voice. “Calm down Mansa, calm down. I’m really sorry for this whole thing, I am sorry. Just hear me out, please. I beg of you”. Derek kept pleading. Mansa was silent. As angry as she was, her soft heart was getting the upper hand. She was quiet for a few seconds and then said to Chris “Ok. You have 2 minutes, so you better start talking” Chris quickly went on with it.“Mansa, I have a confession… I know we started off on the wrong foot but I have actually not felt this way with anyone. I love you Mansa. I know ethically it’s wrong, considering the fact that I’m your foster brother. But hey, who can decide who to be in love with? It just happens naturally. Mansa, I really do love you. You may be pregnant but it doesn’t change anything, I love you very much.” Chris said. As touching as Chris’s words were, Mansa found them funny. “And I suppose you want me to just accept your proposal and jump into your arms as your girlfriend when you are supposed to be my brother, right? Where were you when Derek was being supportive all this while? Look, if you are done talking, get out of my room” Mansa said. “You are talking about Derek being supportive, that’s very funny. But then again, I don’t blame you. That’s how you have made him see you.” Chris said. “What do you mean by that? How have you made him see me, a liar and a snake?” Mansa said. This time around, she was even more furious. “Look girl, you better calm down. What if I tell you I’m aware you were raped and I know the one who did it” Chris answered To be continued…

Comments

Popular Posts